Until the Republican Convention, very few had ever heard of Sarah Palinaand now this mean-spirited campaigner is asking who is Barack Obama???
I’m asking who is Sarah Palin???
- I know that she’s a woman who doesn’t believe in allowing women the right to choose their own reproductive health decisions even if they are victims of rapeabut approves of these victims getting billed by the government for the rape kits used to examine them.
- I know she’s a beauty pageant runner-up who is a gun totin’ extremist in her views on the environment, religion, women’s choice and the separation of church and state.
- I know she’s a woman who along with John McCain would divide this country while pledging that she and the Senator are “mavericks” who know how to reach across the aisle.
- I know that as mayor of the small town of Wasilla she increased spending by 63% and left behind a $19 million long-term debt, which was non-existent before she took office.
- I know she hired the same good-ol’-boy network of Washington lobbyists she says she will fight if elected, in order to secure millions of dollars of earmarks for Wasilla.
- I know that she’s been found guilty of abusing her power as governor by pressuring a state official to fire her former brother-in-law and then firing the official when he refusedaan investigation that began by Republicans prior to her selection as the Vice Presidential nominee. However, when asked about the findings of the ethics investigative report, Palin smiles and says she “very much appreciates being cleared of any legal wrongdoing or unethical activity.” This is what we call being divorced from reality.
- And I know that the American public has had less than two months to vet Sarah Palin, and during this time the press has had to fight tooth and nail to secure just two network interviews with herawhile she still refuses to appear on the tougher Sunday new shows.
On the stump, Sarah Palin and John McCain continue to avoid addressing the critical issues facing our country. Neither of them provides any substantive conversation on what they will do to steer our country on a journey back to prosperity. Palin’s sheer ignorance and lack of experience precludes her from speaking thoughtfully about the financial and foreign policy dilemmas we face. And John McCain’s voting record forces him to change the subject. McCain knows his policies have contributed to the unraveling of our financial systems due to excessive deregulation. McCain knows that he supported the war in Iraq since its inception, which has been a tremendous financial and military drain on our country. Both Sarah Palin and John McCain know that if this election continues to be about the housing market, the economy, healthcare, the environment, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistana the issues that affect everyday Americansathey will lose this election. And after eight years of Republican control that has left this country in deep distressathey should lose. So now that we know who Sarah Palin isado we want her a heartbeat away from the Presidency?